Kiran Infertility center is providing one of the best IUI treatment in Bangalore. We are also providing world class treatment options like IVF, ICSI, Test Tube Baby, Oocyte Donation, Embryo Donation, Oocyte/Embryo Freezing and Surrogacy.
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a fertility treatment that involves placing sperm inside a woman’s uterus to facilitate fertilization. The goal of IUI is to increase the number of sperm that reach the fallopian tubes and subsequently increase the chance of fertilization. This procedure will only take place when woman is ovulating properly and the tubes remain unobstructed.
Who needs IUI Treatment ?
The most common reasons for IUI treatment are a low sperm count or decreased sperm mobility. It is also indicated in following conditions :
- Suffering from infertility of unknown base
- Mild male factor
- Cases revolving around endometriosis
- Ovulation induction failure
- Anti-sperm based antibodies
- Factor revolving around cervical mucus
There are multiple variations involving this process. It deals with medication inclusion for reducing multiple follicles and releasing more than an egg for achieving fertilization. Fertility hormones are designed for producing more than an egg and monitoring during such periods is important to avoid any form of treatment based side effects. It helps in reducing risk of multiple pregnancies too.
IUI is not recommended for the following patients :
- Women who have severe disease of the fallopian tubes
- Women with a history of pelvic infections
- Women with moderate to severe endometriosis
Steps in IUI Procedure
It is mandatory that you catch up with our IUI treatment center in Bangalore to learn more about the treatments.
- On the 3rd day of cycle, transvaginal scan takes place. After that, medication is given to patients for about a week.
- On the 10th or 11th day, transvaginal scan again takes place for monitoring the growth of follicle. When these follicles reach the perfect size, HCG injections take place.
- Around 40 hours later, IUI procedure takes place. Later, the partner is called for the semen sample collection. For that, they need to take our appointment.
- The current IUI process is likely to be prepared in Pap Smear Test. Later the patient is asked to avoid moving for around initial 20 minutes minimum.
IUI Success Rate
Success rates of the IUI remains within 10 to 15% per cycle. Within a year, it can reach to 50%. Most of the time, around 3 to 4 cycles are tried for the recommended methods.
IUI is known to rely solely on natural sperm ability designed for fertilizing egg within reproductive tract. So, making infertility needs to be tested for indicating proper functions of sperms. KIC IUI center offers the best IUI treatment, which is useful during those instances when the male partner produces immune reactivity to his sperms. It is termed as anti-sperm antibodies, which means that the sperm fails to penetrate a woman’s cervical mucus. So, it fails to reach the egg and fertilize it. Through the IUI technique, the prepared sperms will pass beyond cervix right into the uterus and it helps in overcoming some of the major problems, relating to anti-sperm antibody based issues.