IVF meaning In-vitro fertilization is defined as the process of removing the eggs from the ovaries fertilizing them with sperms in the laboratory and then replacing the egg back in the uterus. On an average, the cost of IVF in India can range between Rs 2,50,000 to Rs 4,50,000 with various procedures that progress as what we call now as IVF .this treatment is meant for infertility or genetic issues. So your best options could be IUI i.e. intrauterine insemination where sperms are placed directly in the uterus, around the time of ovulation, But if that does not work out do not get discouraged, IVF will work out for you.
Doctors have to take you across a series of procedures in order to achieve IVF and they can be grouped down into 4 steps of IVF. They are :
Step 1: Ovulation Induction
Your fertility specialist will keep a check on the functioning of your ovaries and the time of the egg release before and during the on-going in-vitro fertilization process. Women normally take medicines for fertility or hormones to stimulate their ovaries to release 1 or more eggs. The chances of IVF success depends on the no of eggs available for IVF. Some women, who cannot produce any eggs, opt for donor eggs for the IVF process.
Step 2: Egg Retrieval
Your Doctors would give you pain medication during this step and then would proceed with inserting an ultrasound probe into the vagina to observe the follicles. When they are mature enough, eggs will be removed from follicle with a special egg retrieval needle. The retrieved oocytes are identified under the microscope and the egg will be placed in a suitable culture medium immediately. Often the egg retrieved will be individually placed in small drops of fresh culture medium in a new culture disk for a few hours.
Step 3: Fertilization
8 sperms will be injected into drops of culture medium containing eggs. Under the microscope, the eggs are surrounded by a bunch of actively swimming sperms.
The sperms will swim towards the eggs but only one of them would eventually to be able to get inside the egg.
About 17 hours later, the pronuclei of the sperm and the egg will appear and later fuse together to form a zygote. After another 24 hours, the zygotes will divide into a 4 cell in the culture medium.
Step 4: IVF Embryo Transfer and Implantation
The doctor will use ultrasound guidance to insert the ET catheter containing the embryos through the cervix into the uterus. The embryo will be carefully deposited onto the appropriate site of the uterus under the ultrasound guidance.
Patients will have to have their IVF pregnancy tests about 2 weeks later to confirm whether successful implantation of the embryo has taken place and will need rest immediately after the In-vitro fertilization process for about 24 hours.
IVF Side effects
Normal activities can be continued the consecutive day after the in-vitro fertilization.
Women who undergo in vitro fertilization may show some side effects like:
- Breast Soreness and tenderness: FSH injections will increase progesterone levels, which cause the breast to swell and become tender.
- Bloating: Since stimulus experienced through the ovaries because of the IVF cycle is more than the natural process, bloating may occur.
- Cramps: Some women may experience cramps between the span of IVF transfer and the pregnancy test is done.
- Constipation: Higher levels of progesterone may cause constipation in some women after an IVF treatment.
It is also possible to experience symptoms like heavy bleeding in the vagina, pain in the pelvic area, urinal bleeding, high fever, so in such cases, your doctor must be contacted immediately.
Fertility medications may also show some side effects they including headaches, pain in the abdominal area, high fever, bloating etc. which also needs immediate doctor’s supervision.
Certain procedures in the in-vitro fertilization give rise to some risk which includes:
Chances of Multiple births: IVF causes a probability of cases of multiple births if more than 1 embryo is present in the uterus. Early labour can be a possibility with patients that have multiple foetuses.
Low birth weight and premature delivery: There is a high probability that an IVF baby will have a premature delivery accompanied by low birth weight.
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: This syndrome can cause swollen ovaries because of injected fertility drugs.
- Miscarriage: Usage of Embryos that are frozen during IVF will increase the risk of miscarriage by a few percentages.
- Egg-retrieval procedure complications: bleeding, infection or damage to the bladder, the bowel may occur during inserting the probe into the vagina.
- Ectopic pregnancy: This kind of pregnancy can occur when the fertilized egg exists outside the uterus lining, in a fallopian tube. The fertilized egg will not be able to survive in such a condition and hence there is no progress in the pregnancy.
- Birth defects: It is considered that as the age of the mother increases, the chances of her delivering a child with birth defects increases.
- Stress: IVF in India is a real deal for ample couples who exhaust themselves financially, physically and emotionally. But there are counsellors that can help you cope with stress, family and friends can help you through an erratic graph of life because of infertility treatment.
How successful is IVF treatment?
The IVF success rate in India is around 65-70 % among the best clinics like KIC, for the ordinary clinics it ranges from 45-50 % approximately.
Patient history, maternal age, the cause of infertility and lifestyle habits are all necessary to determine the pregnancy rates.
Why choose Kiran Infertility Centre (KIC)?
To have a successful IVF treatment, you cannot just choose any clinic. We provide the best of services having successful international IVF & surrogacy programs with international parent clientele, from more than 21 different countries. We are the best IVF centre in Bangalore.
- We provide customized schedules specifically designed for the intended parent during enrolment.
- We capacitate facilities that are connected through WIFI to ensure better communication environment
- We do not compromise with the best technology there is to provide you with all the necessary medical and non-medical updates including video scans over e-mail.
- We have a developed process of enrolment, maintenance and medication and compensation for surrogate with a top-notch active surrogacy program to be available to surrogates.
- We have over more than 50 Indian Donors and 50 plus Caucasian donors enrolled, which you can carefully select through.
For IVF consultation contact us at +91 9900967627, or mail us at email@example.com