Kiran Infertility Center offers the best Pre Implantation Genetic Screening in Bangalore. We are also providing other world class treatment options in ART like IVF, ICSI, IUI, Test Tube Baby, Egg Freezing and Surrogacy to help in getting a successful childbirth for you.
In association with Synapse Diagnostics – we offer comprehensive testing to rule out Chromosomal and genetic disorders
Pre - Implantation Genetic Screening or PGS
Pre – Implantation genetic screening is a reproductive technology used with an IVF cycle. This test can be useful as a screening method for chromosome abnormalities and other chromosomal structural changes
Pre – Implantation genetic screening is a procedure used prior to implantation to help identify genetic defects within embryos created through in vitro fertilization before pregnancy to stop certain disorders from being passed on to the child. PGS is currently an attractive option available for avoiding a high risk of having a child affected with a genetic disease prior to implantation
Steps in Pre – Implantation genetic screening :
- Irregular or no menstrual periods
- One or two cells are removed from the embryo.
- The cells are then evaluated to determine if the inheritance of a problematic gene is present in the embryo.
- Once the PGS procedure has been completed and embryos free of genetic problems have been recognized, the embryo will be transferred back in the uterus, and implantation will be attempted.
- Any extra embryos that are free of genetic troubles may be frozen for later use while embryos with the problematic gene are destroyed.