Giving birth via a surrogate is a huge process that involves the entire family as well as a third party. Fortunately, the process has been streamlined greatly with the help of infertility clinics that offer every assistance right from fertility treatments to the matching of surrogates and taking care of legalities involved. The scenario has changed irrevocably in recent areas with the Corona Virus pandemic affecting the lives of every single individual. There are a number of restrictions imposed on health care and travel as a result.
It is natural to ask yourself the question and wonder whether it is okay to go forward with the procedure and become intended parent at long last. It is best to get in touch with the fertility clinic and surrogacy agency that you had in mind and make inquiries about the possibility of opting for surrogacy procedures even as the pandemic rages on.
Some of the basic things that you need to be knowledgeable about include the following:-
- Fertility experts and management of the said clinic / agency may feel the need to revise some of the clauses included in the surrogacy agreement in light of the present scenario. Checking the availability of egg and sperm donors is of utmost importance too.
- No worries on the safety front, however. Most of the reputable clinics already have safety protocols in place that helps them to keep the procedure under control regardless of its sensitivity. Embryo or blastocyst transfer along with in-vitro fertilization is carried out in sterile laboratories or state of the art operation theaters amidst carefully controlled parameters. The chances of developing health conditions or being exposed to the dreaded COVID remain low as a result.
- Intended parent is likely to be filled with anxiety about the health of the surrogate mother. The clinic will undertake all precautions and ensure health before proceeding. Any incidence of accidental exposure is addressed swiftly with the prospective surrogate being isolated or quarantined in accordance with the regulations. The procedure only begins after the tests for Corona Virus are negative.
- Many clinics prefer to utilize frozen eggs or sperms instead of asking the donor or intended parent to visit the facility in person especially when they would have to travel between states or countries
- Donors, gestational parents as well as surrogates will have the cycle cancelled if any of the concerned parties test positive for COVID-19
This is a personal decision entirely and you as intended parents have to take a call. The clinic will take care of everything and make all arrangements so that the experience is smooth and hassle-free. It is important to be emotionally and financially stable in order to go ahead with the procedure. Having the surrogate matched and psychologically tested is essential to ensure the birth of a healthy child.
- COVID 19 protocols have ushered in many a change with almost all fertility clinics offering surrogacy packages having to change some of their rules. You, as an aspirant parent via surrogacy or a hopeful surrogate may have to concur with the present regulations that include:-
- Filling out an extensive questionnaire containing health related information. Surrogates may have to submit the completed form several days before obtaining an appointment with the authorities of the clinic. The information will help the doctors to gauge the level of risks for COVID-19 exposure
- All patients may have to wait in their vehicles instead of using the reception area until the doctor is available to discuss their case.
- There is no physical meeting between intended parents and surrogates right now. Clinics suggest using videoconferencing instead
- Surrogates have to undergo a COVID-19 test prior to embryo transfer in order to eliminate risks completely
International travel restrictions are still in force with domestic travel open right now. However, fertility clinics recommend forgoing a visit to the clinic before delivery. Parents can take the baby home once the formalities are complete. Visiting with the entire family is a strict no-no too. Parents who need to travel internationally may ask the center to take care of the baby until travel restrictions are removed.
Make sure to visit https://kicbengaluru.com/ in order to learn about surrogacy and the effect of COVID-19 on the procedure.
Contact Kiran Infertility Center, Bengaluru to book an appointment and realize your dreams of becoming a parent.
Phone– 7204051333 / 9900967627 Email– firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow and like our Facebook Page for more such interesting information and updates. Visit here: https://www.facebook.com/KICBengaluru/
Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/kic_bengaluru/